The The Denver Post reported that the first 303 Day took place in 2009, after an on-air interview between Channel 93.3′ Nerf and the Colorado band 3OH!3.
So to keep that tradition alive here are some of the best offerings from businesses and restaurants in the Mile High City in honor of 303 day.
- Number Thirty-Eight from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. will have its FREE 303 Day Party. WIth a local-music lineup including R&B/pop hurricane N3PTUNE, SF1 and MLady. Presented 303 Magazine and Indie 102.3. nmbr38.com/events
- Wild Goose Saloon in Parker from 7-10 p.m will have a 303 Day concert from Crooked Air, and local brews and spirits. Free admission. wildgoosesaloon.com/calendar
- Floyd’s 99 Barbershop is offering its classic shampoo-and-conditioner service plus a head massage for $3.03 (regularaly $6). Valid only at participating Denver locations. See their site for more details floydsbarbershop.com
- Tamayo’s enjoy a “Juan Denver” 303 Day margarita! Made with suerte blanco tequila, cantaloupe-basil shrub, house-made sour and peach purée. $13. eattamayo.com
- Milkbox Ice Creamery at Denver Union Station has the 303 Sundae — a single scoop of your favorite with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, whipped cream and sprinkles on top all for $3.03. milkboxicecream.com
- Pigtrain Coffee Co. at Denver Union Station will be serving up its 303 Latte $3.03. pigtraincoffee.com
- Natural Grocers will give away limited-edition and reusable Colorado bags. Plus, each location will be randomly giving out a $100 gift card to shoppers through March 26. The regional chain is also offering a sale on its Colorado products. naturalgrocers.com
- The Cherry Cricket has their 303 Green Chile Relleno Burger. What is it? It’s a half-pound cricket burger with white cheddar cheese, house-made chile relleno and chef Ronaldo’s award-winning Denver-style pork green chile served on a brioche bun. $14.50 at both locations, Ballpark and Cherry Creek. cherrycricket.com
- 303 Day Staycation at The Maven, located at Dairy Block downtown, is offering 30% off a three-night stay. “Enjoy an urban getaway and the chance to enjoy all of the amazing restaurants, shops and bars at LoDo’s Dairy Block micro-district,”. themavenhotel.com/special-offers
- The Crack Shack, at Greenwood Village’s Grange Hall, will be offering up their localized Grange fries with Pueblo chile cheese wiz, scallions, bacon and more for $13. Their Happy hour special will also have $5 bacon cheese fries. grangehall-colorado.com
- All Tap & Burger locations, including Belleview, Highlands, Sloan’s Lake and Westminster, will celebrate with a $3.03 glass of Station 26 lager. tapandburger.com