In today’s day and age having an Instagram account is no longer just having another social media account, however, it is THE app that acts as an extension of your personality more than any of the others. It is a frustrating and annoying feeling when somebody takes your idea of a post, shares a meme before you get a chance to, or even worse as a content creator seeing your work being passed along with no credit, it’s all bad.
But what takes the cake is when your Instagram account in full is stolen, yes, we are talking about being hacked.
Getting “Insta-hacked” is something that sounds out of sight and out of mind until it happens to you or somebody you know.
The good news is it is not the end of the world when this happens and there are some simple steps to take and TO NOT TAKE to have this frustrating situation, easier.
It is easier said than done to avoid the chances of getting hacked, but these steps are for when your account falls victim to being hacked.
- Notify Friends and family on your non hacked social media account to inform them that you are hacked.
- Make a new account and try to get in contact with the person that hacked you. Be nice as they most likely will block you and anybody trying to negotiate with them. Tread lightly.
- DO NOT give anybody money or send any forms of payment. There will be a flood of people trying to “unhack your account” they will just try to suck money out of you, stay away.
- Contact Instagrams help center
- They will have you take a picture with your face holding a piece of paper with a written code they provide
- Stay Calm, as I said your Instagram is just an extension of your personality, it’s not you.
- Once you get access to your account, we suggest turning on the Two-Factor Authentication for added security measures.
There Is Hope
Getting your account hacked and your digital swagger jacked is never a fun situation, it also can leave you with a feeling of vulnerability and lack of a better term, icky. These hackers put you on edge, we get it. As mentioned before although running into this is annoying, follow the steps above and you will be able to flex on the gram again in no time.
Discussion about this post