The Colorado Rockies and San Diego Padres were set to kick off the MLB season with an afternoon game on Thursday, but Mother Nature had other plans. Rain in San Diego has pushed the Opening Day game to a later start time of 7:40 p.m. MT at Petco Park.
This marks the first season since 1968 that every MLB team will open on the same day, and fans are eager to get back into the stands and cheer on their favorite teams. The Rockies’ home opener is scheduled for Thursday, April 6th, at 2:10 p.m. MT at Coors Field in Denver, where they will face off against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
The Rockies have been hard at work preparing for this season, with new players joining the team and veterans returning to lead them to victory. With a solid lineup of experienced players, there’s no doubt this season will be one to remember for Colorado Rockies fans!
No matter what happens during Opening Day, one thing is sure – it will be an exciting season for baseball fans everywhere!
- Rockies: German Marquez (0-0)
- Padres: Blake Snell (0-0)
- Padres -203, Rockies +171;
- Over/under is 7 1/2 runs
- San Diego had an 89-73 record overall and a 44-37 record in home games last season. The Padres pitching staff had a collective 3.82 ERA while averaging 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings in the 2022 season.
- Colorado went 68-94 overall and 27-54 on the road last season. The Rockies averaged 8.7 hits per game last season while batting a collective .254 and slugging .397.
- Padres: Eguy Rosario: 60-Day IL (ankle)
- Rockies: Lucas Gilbreath: 60-Day IL (elbow), Tyler Kinley: 60-Day IL (elbow), Brendan Rodgers: 60-Day IL (shoulder), Sean Bouchard: 60-Day IL (biceps), Ryan Rolison: 60-Day IL (shoulder)
Discussion about this post