Spring and summertime is the perfect time for a delicious cold drink like slushies! In this blog, we will share a recipe for skittles slushies – a favorite of kids and adults alike. They are easy to make and taste great! With all these amazing colors, it’s no wonder the recipe has been kept under wraps for years… So, gather your ingredients and get ready to enjoy a refreshing drink on a hot day. With all these amazing colors, it’s no wonder the recipe has been kept under wraps for years.
Let’s talk about the ingredients for this incredible Skittles Slushie that tastes as good as a rainbow!
- 1 – 14-ounce bag of original skittles
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1⅔ cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 bottle seltzer
- Separate the Skittles by color into 5 separate Mason jars.
- In a saucepan, stir together sugar and water and simmer over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. The mixture should be clear, not cloudy.
- Remove the sugar syrup from the heat and pour 1/5 portion into each of the jars. Let them cool slightly. Secure lids on jars, shake, and let them sit for several hours or overnight.
- Before you make your slushie, shake each jar again and strain. Each color will yield roughly 1 ¼ cups of Skittles syrup.
- For each candy color, add 6 cups of ice to a blender, the Skittles syrup, and 1/3 cup of lemon juice. Blend until fully combined. The mixture will be a slushy, not chunky consistency.
- Pour into glasses (for a fun twist, try serving in food grade-safe chemistry beakers), stir in a splash of seltzer water to get some bubbles, and serve.